Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Days Like These

            I was holding my sweet baby girl, and my brand new baby boy. Lily looked at me and said “I shouldn’t be here, Mom. I’m supposed to be in heaven.” I asked her, you don’t want to be here with me, and your brother, and your dad? “I do” she said. “But I’m supposed to be in heaven, not here.” And I responded with, “Okay, you can go.” –This was my dream last night. I don’t know why I have dreams like these, I guess to help me cope with the fact that she is not here with me. I know that heavenly father has a plan for us, her, my sweet baby girl who I miss daily. I notice that days like these come when I see other baby’s come into this world and I can’t help but feel just a little bit sorry for myself. I just wish I had her here with me today. I want to hold her in my arms so bad. And kiss her sweet little face.
It has been just a little over 6 months since baby girl entered and left our lives. The only time she was alive was in my womb, but I feel her near me every day. I am now carrying her little brother and I can’t help but feel scared as I am now 24 weeks with him and I was 25 weeks with Lily. It’s hard for me not to fear the fact that this could happen again. I try to be strong and not show this fear, but it is real and I am scared.  3 ½ months until this sweet baby will join our family, officially. He is a part of our family already, even if only in spirit (and kicks of course.)
Anyway, on a happier note. We moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico a few weeks ago for Bernie’s job. We are in a 2 bedroom apt. I love it. I love having our own place to live again. I feel like we spend so much more time together now that I am not working so I see him in the morning and when he gets home around 5:30. There is no one else here for us to pay any attention too, no family, no friends, just us. It’s lonely but, fun.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you have found one awesome way to cope and I know that you will make it to 26 weeks and beyond!!!! we miss you guys so bad and wish you werent so far away but im also glad to see that you guys are able to spend so much time together now!!!! love you guys bunches cant wait for a visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete